Monday, April 20, 2009

Midnight Fools


At midnight on April 4th, Natalie, Nate, Merissa and I drug ourselves out of bed (not the same one:) and onto the streets of Medical Lake. The temperature was only in the early 30's, the night dark, but our spirits were lively and ready to run. Nate, Nat and Merissa decided to run for enjoyment, but I was racing this late night run. After a good warm up I changed out of my Brooks Adrenaline GTS 9's into my Brooks T6 racing flat and my (extremely warm) Brooks Wanganui pants into my Brooks ID short and singlet and headed for the start line. At the sound of the fire engine horn, we were off! The course took us through the residential streets of Medical Lake proper, where neighbors were whooping and hollering from their porches and yards for the runners.

I finished the run in fifth place overall and first place in my age group. We were glad we did this community event, as we've talked about participating in year's past. Honestly, I think all four of us were really looking for an excuse to eat breakfast at 1:00 am, which we did!

No comments: